WORK WITHOUT A PERMIT VIOLATION


We can help you obtain a permit or revert back to prior legal condition.

You can start resolving your violation online here now!




Stop Work Order

Paying a civil penalty for a Work Without a Permit violation and getting a permit doesn't
mechanically raise a Stop Work Order (SWO). Please note that any work done whereas
the premises subjected to SWO could subject each the owner and contractors to further
violations and fines. To remove a SWO, the Department of Buildings re-inspection or review
of work must be made, and Department of Buildings Inspector could suggest full cancellation
of SWO to the unit chief or supervisor.

Once the unit chief or supervisor approves cancellation of the SWO, the respondent are
going to be notified through a posting OP-109 (Stop Work Order Rescind) at the premises.
Once the SWO cancellation has been approved, BISWeb violation markers are going to have
their status changed and therefore the red flag on the property about open SWO is going to be

For SWO that needs a re-inspection for cancellation, no appointment are going to be granted
till all associated penalties area paid. If you receive a violation of a SWO, it will solely be
rescinded by paying the civil penalty at the Cashiers Unit within the various borough.  


Expired Permits  (BC 27-147)

Other Work Without a Permit infractions:

Infraction Code




Class 1


Section of Law Violation




Work without a permit.

Work without a permit.


Obtain permit or restore

Obtain permit or restore premises to prior legal condition.







Standard Penalty


Mitigated Penalty


Default Penalty



Aggravated I Penalty



Aggravated I Default Penalty


Aggravated  II Penalty


Aggravated II Default – Maximum Penalty



Required Steps:


Schedule a Plan Examiner appointment to file: 

 - Certificate of Correction Package (Certificate of Correction, Proof of Correction, Form LL58/88 Affidavit of Registered Architect or Professional Engineer and other supportive documents)

 - New Work Permit application.

 - An application to Renew an existing permit.


Did not find your violation? Don't know what your penalty might be?

See a complete list:   ECB Violations


If you have an existing violation you must prepare a Certificate of Correction Package to prove that you corrected the violation. This page allows you to reserve an expediter to consult you on required paperwork and how to file the package. Additionally, in order to close a violation on your property, you must pay the penalty, in addition to certifying a correction. Our team will file the Certificate of Correction Package, which must include the Evidence of the payment of imposed civil penalties associated with the violation. Once the package is ready you can use call us to submit the package for approval. 


BUILDVIO Team services include these procedures in your Certificate of Correction Package preparation cost.


Permit Approval Process


Any new work plan must be approved by the Department of Buildings, before a permit can be pulled. 

Architects and engineers can prepare necessary construction documents and permit applications to apply for approval of existing "as-built" conditions or new work.  When this documentation is complete, our licensed New York City filing representatives, will present your Plan/Work Approval application at an appointment with a Plan Examiner.


At an Appointment with a Plan Examiner.

Our filing representative will present your New Work Plan to an appointed Plan Examiner at the New York City Department of Buildings and will mitigate proposed new construction or alteration.


BUILDVIO team will fight for your right to build and alter your property! If the application was denied, we will review authoritative objections and navigate all issues to ensure that you understand the reason for denial of a permit, and means of correcting the condition to receive approval from the Department of Buildings.





CALL (347) 979 -7742








New York City Building Violations & Permits

Resolve NYC Building Violations Here     





Tel: 347-979-7742 / Mon-Sat, 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. ET

This is not a Government Agency website. To contact New York City Government Angencies call 311.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a Government Agency website. Information provided herein is for informational purposes only, and does not constitute any direct communication with any government agency or official. The website serves a team of building violation experts who provide Full Building Violation Removal Service in New York City, and can help you file necessary documents to resolve your Building Violations and provide corrective demolition and corrective construction.  BuildingViolation.com offer does not constitute a service which require the application of the art, science, and aesthetics of design and construction of buildings, groups of buildings, including their components and appurtenances and the spaces around them wherein the safeguarding of life, health, property, and public welfare is concerned. Further, BuildingViolation.com offer  DOES NOT include architectural services such as consultation, evaluation, planning, the provision of preliminary studies, designs, construction documents, construction management, and the administration of construction contracts. Any advertisement offered on this website are paid advertisements, whereby all advertised services or products are offered with the manufacturer's warranty or under professional responsibility of the service provider. BuildingViolation.com publishes such advertisements for a compensation, which does not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by BuildingViolation.com.