This is not a Government Agency website. To contact New York City Government Angencies call 311.


Did you receive a Notice of Violation from Environmental Control Board (ECB) ?






We can help You prepare and expedite a Certification of Correction in timely manner, and simplify Your permitting process.


Call Our Violation Hotline: (347) 979-7742

(Mon-Sat, 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. ET)



Environmental Control Board (ECB) Penalty Schedule




Building Violation F.A.Q.



Building Violation Description:


The Notice of Violation includes an order by a Commissioner. The order states that You must correct the violation and underlying conditions; even if you just purchased the home with someone's violations.


Building Violations - Time vs Penalties:


You are required to correct a building violation as soon as possible.


A violation has a time schedule for estimating penalties. A timer that works against You.


For example, illegal conversion can cause a fine as much as $1,000 per day, with a grace window of 45 days to certify a correction. That's a whooping $45,000 in penalties if you don't answer right away.


For simplicity, all building violations are divided in three types:



A. Class 1. Immediately Hazardous violation — Considered to be highest level of concern and possible danger to life. This type of violation must be cured immediately. Delaying in submitting a Certificate of Correction immediately after receiving a summons will result in additional penalties of $1500 minimum. Additional violations may be added on top of existing for failing to answer immediately.



B. Class 2. - Major Priority Building Violation
and Class 3. - Lesser Priority Building Violation

In both types, You are given 40 days to attest a correction of a violation.


Selling or Buying a Home with Building Violations:


Building Violations may go unnoticed during real estate sale. However, they may be investigated and found by the Code Enforcement Unit, after any anonymous complaint.


Building violations may prevent you from selling a property. A title company must check and deny a transfer of a title, if violations exist. This is because the new owner will assume liability for existing violations.



Building Violation Enforcement:


If You don't start resolving Your violation today, in time, an Order to Vacate may be issued. This is the worst cases scenario that may unfold - You can be evicted and your property may be condemned.


Enforcing procedures may include forced eviction, because disasters may happen. Loss of life, or even endangerment to life through a building violation is a crime that may also be punishable by an incarceration of the building owner.


Building Violation Professionals



Certain building violations require a permit to be obtained prior to correcting the violation and filing Certificate of Correction.


A permit to CURE a building violation requires contracting some or all of the following building violation professionals:


a. Expediter

b. Architect

c. Engineer

d. General Contractor

e. Plumber, Electrician, Surveyor and others.


Building violation professionals will prepare a complete  Certificate of Correction package; and employ  our expert staff of Filing Representatives to file Your completed Certificate of Correction for approval; or attend a hearing to fight to lessen your penalties; or dismiss them for eligible violations.


Typical Building Violation Cure Services include:




1. Help you obtain permit to physically correct the violation.

2. Prepare a Certificate of Correction that attests to compliance with correction requirements.


Schedule filing for  Certificate of Correction.



Coordinate all required filing.


Present your corrections for approval by the Department of Buildings, ECB, HPD, and other authorities.

Remove Violation.




347 979 7742 

(Mon-Sat, 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. ET)



Email Info About Your Building Violation to:

Materials on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission
Tel: 347-979-7742 / Mon-Sat, 7:30 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. ET
This is not a Government Agency website.
To contact New York City Government Angencies call 311. Outside of New York call 
212-NEW-YORK (212-639-9675)

DISCLAIMER: This is not a Government Agency website. Information provided herein is for informational purposes only, and does not constitute any direct communication with any government agency or official. The website serves a team of building violation experts who provide Full Building Violation Removal Service in New York City, and can help you file necessary documents to resolve your Building Violations and provide corrective demolition and corrective construction. offer does not constitute a service which require the application of the art, science, and aesthetics of design and construction of buildings, groups of buildings, including their components and appurtenances and the spaces around them wherein the safeguarding of life, health, property, and public welfare is concerned. Further, offer  DOES NOT include architectural services such as consultation, evaluation, planning, the provision of preliminary studies, designs, construction documents, construction management, and the administration of construction contracts. Any advertisement offered on this website are paid advertisements, whereby all advertised services or products are offered with the manufacturer's warranty or under professional responsibility of the service provider. publishes such advertisements for a compensation, which does not in any way constitute a referral or endorsement by


Recent building violations

people from all over the world are finding help every day using

Enter Building Violation Address